Personal Automobile Insurance
- All applications must be processed through the EASi system.
- The EASi application and rating system is contained on the AIPSO.com website and you must register with our office to be issued an EASi password.
- When the EASi application has been completed you must print the application, obtain original signatures and mail with 40% of the estimated annual premium to the KAIP office.
Some Common Questions
Personal Auto Front Page
Who and what types of vehicles are eligible?
- Applicant unable to secure coverage in the voluntary market.
- Vehicle registered in KY.
- There is a duly licensed operator on the application.
- Private passenger, non-fleet.
- Motorized vehicles licensed for road use.
- Named non-owner applicants.
What coverages are offered in private passenger auto?
- Basic Bodily Injury and Property Damage Limits of $25,000/$50,000/$25,000.
- Optional BI and PD limits of $50,000/$100,000/$25,000 are available.
- UM and UIM available at the standard limits provided in the KAIP manual.
- PIP basic limits of $10,000 with $10,000 increments available up to maximum $40,000.
- No physical damage coverage available.
What payment plans are available for private passenger?
- Advance Premium
- 30% Deposit
- Remainder due in 30 days
- No installment charge
- Installment Plan
- 25% Deposit
- 5 installments due at the end of 2,3,4,5, and 6 months after effective date
- $4 installment charge
When will coverage become effective?
- Transmission of application by EASi is required
- Effective when application is completed and executed subject to following requirements:
- The producer and applicant certify on the application the date and time completed
- Must be mailed to the Plan no later than one working day following date of transmittal as evidenced by postmark or,
- Hand delivery via mean of overnight mail, courier, or other delivery service no later than one working day following the date of transmittal of the application.
- If not delivered within above time frames, coverage shall be effective at 12:01 a.m. on the day following receipt of the application.
- Future effective dates may be established up to 30 days from the date of transmittal of the application.
Click Here to see all FAQ’s